Friday, March 15, 2013

Three Years

Three years have passed but nothing has changed, the world remains the same.
The sun rises, the birds chirp, but only one heart truly hurts.

It started off so great, but now I am filled with hate.
Nothing to me is the same, and I am the only one to blame.
When others find fun, I look out and see none.

Some say that luck is three, but that is untrue for me.
It started off with a first, and the next day my heart nearly burst.
Almost lost one, and now I simply feel done

People have come and go, but no one truly will know
About everything that has happened to me, in my three year voyage lost at sea.

Every morning when I awake, I feel like I need a break.
I hope and think, will anything change if I blink?
That is how fast it was, and it happened just because?
It happened so fast, but its effects have last.

Three years later, I have in myself a huge crater;
An empty space, seeking a true warm embrace.

I am perpetually lost, and it is only me who pays the cost;
Sometimes I find it hard to breathe, and I truly just want to leave.
Life just seems to pass me by, with no one caring enough to say hi.

The next chapter of my life is about to begin, but much to my chagrin
I am still alone, and my future is unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment